Everyone loves a traditional vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting, proper?! I don’t suppose I’ve ever met an individual who prefers chocolate cupcakes with a vanilla frosting. Either approach you’re taking your cupcakes, this traditional keto cupcake recipe is the right dessert recipe to have in your arsenal for upcoming birthday events or bake gross sales!
FREE PRINTABLE: Keto Food List
Join 150,000 others to get a FREE keto meals checklist and new recipes each week!
Can You Make Vanilla Cupcakes Keto/ Low Carb?
I’m right here to inform and present you (within the video under) that low carb cupcakes will depart you glad and forgetting in regards to the excessive carb sugar bombs you used to eat. These vanilla keto cupcakes are more healthy for you and your loved ones, all whereas nonetheless popping out moist, dense, and wealthy.
Low carb recipes will be tough to make genuine. Our low carb chocolate frosting was difficult to create an ideal match, however we predict we’ve lastly nailed it! If you may have been desirous to make keto cupcakes we’ve received you coated. Trust us, a gluten free and sugar free keto cupcake this good received’t steer you improper!
Keto Cupcakes and Mug Cakes Galore!
I’ve all the time been an enormous cupcake lover! I desire it to cake, cookies and even brownies any day of the week. So, naturally I additionally love mug desserts. Our meals weblog has heaps to select from, however in fact, I’ve to share a few of my favorites with you right here.
- Red Velvet Cupcakes (cream cheese frosting – yum!)
- Easy Chocolate Mug Cake (If you needed gluten free chocolate cupcakes that is the recipe for you)
- Keto Peanut Butter And Jelly Mug Cake– (If you realize, you realize 😄)
- White Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins (Who doesn’t love a cream cheese based mostly white chocolate cheesecake muffin!?)
What are Keto Cupcakes Made Of?
There is quite a lot of shifting elements which work collectively to create the right keto cupcake recipe. First, it’s vital to know the ratio of almond to coconut flour with the intention to obtain the very best consistency.
Most keto baked items use a mixture of almond flour and coconut flour. Almond flour alone will be too smooth and never absorbent sufficient to remain collectively after baked, whereas coconut flour may be very absorbent and might usually end in a dry crumbly baked good. A mixture of the 2 nevertheless, is unbeatable! They stability one another out completely with almond flour for bulk and coconut flour for binding. Gluten free keto recipes don’t all the time have the correct texture however due to finely milled almond flour these low carb cupcakes will remind you of your childhood.
If you’ve come to make the right keto cupcakes you’re in the correct place! With solely three internet carbs per ENTIRE cupcake what are you ready for? Go seize these substances and let’s get making this recipe!
- 1.5 cups almond flour– Finely milled almond flour works nice on this recipe to bulk up the batter. Plus by buying finely milled almond flour you get a extra even crumb and uniform batter
- 1/four cup coconut flour– Coconut flour supplies a gluten free thickener that can assist give this recipe construction.
- half cup erythritol– A keto pleasant sweetener with no internet carbs that works nice rather than sugar. You may also strive a granular erythritol and monk fruit combine just like the one from Lakanto
- 2 tsp baking powder- Both baking powder and baking soda are used on this recipe as a result of they assist to create a light-weight and fluffy cupcake
- 1 tsp baking soda
- half tsp pink Himalayan salt– Believe it or not, salt really brings out the sweetness in baked items! We all the time add a touch of salt to our keto recipes with the intention to give it that additional increase
- 6 giant eggs
- half cup butter, melted– Grass -fed butter provides a pleasant top quality fats supply with tons of taste
- half tsp liquid stevia– a mixture of each liquid stevia and erythritol create a candy batter with none abdomen irritation that a ton of sugar alcohols might trigger.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract– These are vanilla cupcakes so don’t skimp on some top quality vanilla extract!
Keto Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- three/four cup butter, room temperature– room temperature is important or the keto chocolate frosting won’t mix easily
- 1/three cup unsweetened cocoa powder– Make positive the cocoa powder is 100% unsweetened. If you buy one with sugar it’ll up the carbs and energy of this low carb chocolate frosting
- 1/three cup powdered erythritol– If you don’t have powdered erythritol you may mix the granular erythritol in a espresso grinder till it has changed into a powder.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract– Vanilla extract brings out the slight vanilla notes within the keto cupcake base
- 10 drop liquid stevia– We use this together with erythritol in order that the recipe is sweeter with out a ton of sugar alcohols. You can strive liquid monk fruit, however the sweeteners ratios could also be a bit totally different.
- 1-2 tbsp heavy cream- This will assist to cream and fluff all buttercream frosting substances collectively
How to Make Vanilla Keto Cupcakes & Low Carb Chocolate Frosting
If you had been searching for chocolate cupcakes, lo siento amigo. We’re workforce vanilla cupcake and keto chocolate frosting all the best way! Now that you simply’ve pulled out your substances and are able to study all about making the right straightforward keto cupcakes we are able to get began.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Next line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease a muffin tin with coconut oil spray. We love utilizing silpat cupcake liners and molds for days we don’t need to lose any scrumptious batter within the paper. After prepping the tin, set it apart.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. We attempt to combine all the things properly forward of time in order that there isn’t a baking soda or baking powder pockets.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, melted butter, stevia, and vanilla extract. Add the moist substances to the dry substances and blend till simply mixed.
- Divide the batter between the cupcake liners, submitting them ¾ of the best way full. Bake the cupcakes for 20-25 minutes, till a toothpick inserted in the course of a cupcake comes out clear. If your toothpick isn’t clear, chances are you’ll want to regulate the cook dinner time to incorporate just a few additional minutes.
- Allow to chill fully previous to frosting. I do know it’s onerous however you HAVE to be affected person. Trust us the day your cupcake is simply too scorching and melts the keto frosting you’re going to be unhappy.
- Add the butter to a big bowl and beat with a hand mixer till fluffy. This is why room temp butter is vital. No one needs chunks of butter of their keto/ low carb frosting. That’s additionally why we whip the butter first as a substitute of each butter and sweetener on the similar time.
- Next, add cocoa powder, swerve and vanilla to the bowl. Beat till totally blended and easy. Start off sluggish so that you don’t have an explosion of powder!
- If the low carb frosting is simply too thick, beat in a milk different or heavy cream, 1 tbsp at a time till frosting reaches desired consistency. Make positive to go sluggish, you may all the time add extra however can’t take away an extra.
- Keto cupcakes are greatest saved in an air tight container within the fridge as much as 10 days.
- Note: the diet details under are for every frosted low carb cupcake if the entire keto frosting was used. If you don’t use all of the frosting, the macros (fats grams specifically) will likely be a lot decrease.
Cool Before Frosting!
I do know it’s onerous to attend, however this step may be very essential. If your keto vanilla cupcakes are usually not absolutely cooled, and/or room temperature the frosting will soften off and create an enormous mess! This could be very unlucky, particularly should you took the time to pipe the frosting on to the cupcakes like seen within the photographs!
You can quicken the cooling means of baked items by placing them within the fridge or freezer, which is what we regularly do. You may even make these upfront, retailer the keto cupcakes and low carb frosting individually within the fridge, then assemble proper earlier than serving. This saves prep time by making all the things the night time earlier than, and simply assembling the keto cupcakes earlier than a cocktail party.
I’m a Weirdo Who Wants Chocolate Cupcakes. Can I add Cocoa Powder? – Short reply sure. However after including 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder chances are you’ll want so as to add a tablespoon or so of nut milk to skinny the batter a bit.
How to Fill Keto Cupcakes? – If you’re feeling adventurous and need to strive making a low carb cupcake recipe crammed with frosting then we’re right here to assist. Once your keto cupcake has cooled scoop a small little bit of the middle out. You may also use a big piping bag tip pushed in, after which pulled out to take away a piece. Next take a piping bag and fill it with our recipe for the very best keto buttercream. Using the piping bag, place the tip into the cupcake gap you made and squeeze out frosting to fill it. It could also be time consuming at first, however price it! The subsequent time you make these cupcakes you’ll be knocking them out like a professional.
Does Buttercream Frosting Need to be Refrigerated? – Buttercream frosting can final at room temp for 2 days, nevertheless we advocate storing them within the fridge simply to be secure.
Does Keto Buttercream Harden?– If you desire a extra arrange keto buttercream chances are you’ll want to vary your ratios. This is a creamy buttercream that can set briefly within the fridge because the butter cools. However, if you would like a extra completely agency buttercream you will want so as to add extra powdered sugar substitute (like keto pleasant erythritol). This WILL CHANGE the sweetness ranges of this recipe. If you don’t thoughts an additional candy frosting recipe go forward and use slightly additional sweetener powder.
Can I Frost my Keto Cupcakes Without a Piping Bag? – For positive! Piping baggage make this keto buttercream recipe appear like it was retailer purchased, however should you don’t have any fancy instruments you may simply frost with a knife or spoon. This will give a extra rustic look, however nonetheless style scrumptious. Alternatively you should utilize a ziplock bag stuffed with frosting and simply reduce the nook off in order that it pipes easy.
How to Store Keto Cupcakes
The greatest strategy to retailer this recipe is determined by what you propose on doing with the remaining cupcakes. If you propose on consuming them inside the subsequent few hours for a celebration, storing them within the fridge ought to be ample
5-7 Days- Store the keto cupcakes in an hermetic container inside your fridge to stop spoilage or mould progress.
Eight-10 Days- If you’re going to eat them slowly (which we doubt they’ll final that lengthy) then chances are you’ll need to think about storing the icing and cupcake separate. Place each into hermetic containers and assemble when able to devour. The frosting recipe might dry out a bit and the cupcake bases recipe might get too moist if left within the fridge mixed too lengthy.
Easy Keto Cupcakes
These vanilla keto cupcakes with chocolate frosting are going to be the hit of your subsequent birthday bash! You may even snag some low carb sprinkles and beautify them for a extra festive look. Feel free to make use of the keto cupcake recipe as a base, and jazz it up with fillings and spices.
Vanilla Keto Cupcakes
These keto cupcakes are straightforward to make and mix a moist vanilla cake and wealthy chocolate frosting for the right birthday or vacation dessert!
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Servings 12 Cupcakes
Calories per serving 308kcal
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooling Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease with coconut oil spray. Set apart.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
In a separate bowl, combine eggs, melted butter, stevia, and vanilla. Add the moist substances to the dry substances and blend till simply mixed.
Divide the batter between the cupcake liners, submitting them ¾ of the best way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes, till a toothpick inserted in the course of a cupcake comes out clear.
Allow to chill fully previous to frosting.
Add the butter to a big bowl and beat with a hand mixer till fluffy.
Next, add cocoa powder, swerve and vanilla to the bowl. Beat till totally blended and easy.
If frosting is simply too thick, beat in milk different or cream, 1 tbsp at a time till frosting reaches desired consistency.
Cupcakes are greatest saved in an air tight container within the fridge as much as 10 days.
Note: the diet under is for every frosted cupcake if all of the frosting was used. If you do not use all of the frosting the macros (fats grams specifically) will likely be a lot decrease.
Net Carbs: 3g
Serving Size: 1 frosted cupcake
Vanilla Keto Cupcakes
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food regimen.